Sex Education

mandatory-sex-ed.jpg

In my own perspective, most times when youths hear about sex education, they have this insecure feelings towards the topic. Why such insecurities? Some are shy of the topic because of our different persons, some are confident about the topic, some feel terrified e.t.c but in general context, most are insecure because of how the society has made or described sex education to be.

Let’s all have a common understanding about sex education. When you hear of sex education what comes to your mind first? Let me assume sex? only sex? and sex?. Sex education does not only have to do with sex. Sex education is a very broad topic in which sex is one of the subjects of sex education. The other topics under sex education are (from what is sex education in planned parenthood)

  • Human Development (including reproduction, puberty, sexual orientation, and gender identity)
  • Relationships (including families, friendships, romantic relationships and dating)
  • Personal Skills (including communication, negotiation, and decision-making)
  • Sexual Behavior (including abstinence and sexuality throughout life)
  • Sexual Health (including sexually transmitted diseases, contraception, and pregnancy)
  • Society and Culture (including gender roles, diversity, and sexuality in the media)

The purpose of this write up, is for you hear sex education and not only think about sex but to widen your knowledge to know that sex education not only has to do with sex. In which that has been done in the bullets above and to hear sex education and not feel insecure.

To not feel insecure about sex education when you hear the topic, is to know that sex is a normal way of life in marriages. If you hear sex education and you feel insecure, how do you expect to learn more about sex education with the insecurity feelings? To not feel insecure about sex education when we hear it is one of the characteristics of maturity. In which I believe to be mature is a great thing and maturity is something everyone would want to be recognized with.

Because it is a thing of the mind to feel insecure about a certain thing, it would be a gradual process or gradual learning of enlightening yourself to have a solid foundation and to know that sex education is just as normal as eating, breathing and sleeping. As learning is a gradual process, whatever you want to achieve, you have to set your mind to it and start Now! by reading articles on the internet. There are a lot of websites that describes sex education widely. One website I will recommend is wikihowsexeducation

With this article, your insecurities about sex education, should be 10% gone, the other 90% starts with you because according to the popular saying, you can take the horse to the water but you cannot force it to drink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s