I am not a professional in health counselling but who says you cannot learn or get knowledge from others even if professional help is the best? My aim is to let you know some of the processes I take towards how I live healthy and I hope you find it useful and begin to put them into practice.
Most times, when we hear healthy, we think it has to do with the body being healthy or not. But to be healthy, has not only to do with body but also the mind and soul. To live a healthy life, one has be ready to accept oneself for who they are. Why the need for accepting oneself? Because to want to live a healthy life, means to want to care for yourself and to care for yourself means you have to love yourself and accept yourself for who you are.
To eat healthy and balanced is the most popular when talking about healthy living. For most people, eating healthy is overlooked but eating healthy has a way of making us feel happy and loved, the site I will recommend to help you in your healthy eating habit is helpguide (Trusted guide to mental & emotional health)
There is a normal life routine which to work and earn a living is part of the routine. The general idea about working and being successful is that it is stressful and difficult. What we don’t understand is that to work helps our mind to be healthy. It is not just about being successful but the process of working keeps us healthy. It helps us to have a balanced mindset (Creativity)
Exercise: After I work and eat, exercise is one thing I don’t do without because it makes me feel refreshed, strengthened and ready to work. I will strongly recommend exercise to anyone. From heraldextra, 10 benefits of exercise
- Being physically active will keep you healthy. Research says that engaging in 30 minutes of exercise a day is all you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise makes you happier! Physical activity releases chemicals in your brain called endorphins that are known to make you feel happier and more relaxed.
- Regular physical activity has been proven to help prevent a wide variety of health problems.
- Regular physical activity helps you sleep better. When you are active during the day, you typically fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer.
- Exercise can be fun! Often times exercise can be a part of some your favorite daily activities, such as walking the dog, going to the playground, or riding your bike.
- Exercise is good for your mind, body, and soul.
- Exercise helps you maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise is good for your heart! It helps maintain a healthy blood pressure and improves circulation.
- Exercise increases your energy level. Exercising delivers oxygen and nutrients to your whole body helping it to work more efficiently and boost your endurance.
- Exercise and other physical activities are often great opportunities to socialize. Going to the playground, joining a sports team or going to the local recreation center are all great ways to meet new people.
Taking your bath regularly, using the right cream, trying to avoid injuries on your skin, treating your body and doing your hobbies (What you love). For me, I read, watch movies, listen to music and chat with friends. Having a personal time to find yourself, understand yourself, know yourself to help you know how to address yourself better is important in Personal care which will improve in healthy living
- Helps in building positive and constructive relationships via the real social networks that are formed.
- Socializing plays a pivotal role in improving overall growth and development of an individual.
- As per Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin by SAGE, socializing enhances mental functioning, as the mind is kept occupied with real thoughts.
- Stress and anxiety levels can be reduced to a great extent. Solutions to problems may be found in dialogue.
- It provides great opportunity to understand various kinds of people, their mannerisms, personalities, thought processes and so on. Socializing develops better understanding of human perspectives and attributes.
- Socializing is a great tool for development of self-confidence and giving your self-esteem the required boost. It kicks out shyness and hesitance from an individual making him ready to face the world in a smart manner.
- It provides happiness and joy when you meet your family and friends in real rather that online life, as you can share issues and emotions more explicitly.
- Socializing is a great way of giving and getting emotional, physical and spiritual support. Even if you are feeling down and upset with something, friends and family can help you overcome the difficult period with ease. They can cheer you up, provide the required encouragement and bring back your lost zeal and enthusiasm.
- As per BUPA, socializing reduces risks of various kinds of ailments. Research reports have shown that socializing can help in preventing age related cognitive disorders like Alzheimer’s disease.
Because I cannot exist without you, because you cannot exist without me, because we cannot exist without each other. Mastering the art of having a good relationship with friends and family is one we cannot do without. There are two ways which I think will help you master the art of having good relationship with friends and family. To know the two ways, read my post on how to have a healthy relationship with friends and family.
Lastly, Be grateful: In life, we can meet ourselves in any situation. We should be grateful always in any situation we find ourselves in. Good or bad situation, be grateful. Sometimes you can be in a bad situation but really in a good situation in disguise and sometimes you can be in a good situation but in a good one in disguise. Be grateful to God always. Being grateful and thankful always open doors of greatness and opportunities.
According to the famous dj, djkhaled, “When you are great, be grateful” The best time to be grateful is when we are successful. People tend to forget to be grateful when they are successful. Sometimes, when we get what we have been asking for, we forget to show appreciation and sometimes end up being proud and controlling to others because of our success. In order to avoid our success taken away from us and to continually have open doors of opportunities, we should show gratitude always.