I’m sure those who have goals would not believe there are those who have problems having goals. Socially, most people have goals but have problems achieving the goals. What about those who don’t have goals and struggling to have one? You see yourself working for others but not working for yourself because you are struggling with setting a goal for yourself. There some who have goals without having to struggle with having a goal but are not doing anything about achieving the goal but you that is struggling to have a goal should be grateful for your desire to have one. The most known idea of a goal is money and to be famous. You can set any goal of your desire, it doesn’t have to be about money or fame.
To set a goal
- Ask yourself what aspect of life do you find interest in? Is it family, education, love, art and entertainment, science, physical fitness, inspiration, e.t.c?
- Look within yourself to know what kind of person you are so you can pick an aspect that will fit your personality well.
- Look back at your past records, past wins, way of past life for better decision of goal setting.
- Avoid setting your goal based on trends
- Set goals that develops you mentally, physically and spiritually.
- Set big goals and achieve them bit by bit. Have the habit of setting big goals and know that big goals are achieved step by step and not the whole big at once.
- Seek advice from a counselor, friend and family but do not forget to listen more to your inner voice because most times people advice based on their own interest.
Sometimes, think out of the box. Think of all the the bullet points above, oppositely. For example, the first bullet says “Ask yourself what aspect of life do you find interest in? Is it family, education, love, art and entertainment, science, physical fitness, inspiration, e.t.c?” to think out of the box and think oppositely, the first bullet will now be “Ask yourself what aspect of life you don’t find interest in?” Do this for all the bullets that can be thought of oppositely. Thinking oppositely, is also a means of thinking creatively to get ideas about the goal you would like to set for yourself.
Do not deceive yourself, set realistic goals: Set goals you are capable of achieving at the moment and have resources for achieving them. Do not set goals you don’t have resources for achieving them and start blaming people for your goals not being achieved. Don’t set unrealistic goals, waiting for people to think of your goals as possible when you know that this goal is unrealistic and start blaming people for not believing in you and decide not to achieve anything at all as such things can be tempting